If you need more information or would like to enroll, please call 1-888-298-4040.
Who Can Use Adult Medical Day Care?
2nd Home Adult Medical Day Care participants include adults who are:
- Physically impaired
- Socially isolated
- In need of assistance with personal care
- Mentally confused
- Limited in their ability to function independently in the community
Who is eligible?
- Anyone over 18 years old who needs on-going skilled services of a nurse, social worker, physician assistant or dietitian
- Adults who have a medical diagnosis that causes impairment, but does not require 24 hour care in a hospital or nursing home.
- Adults who enjoy spending 5 hours per day in therapeutic recreation and social programs
How can I qualify?
In order to qualify for the program you must have an identified medical condition and you must have a lack of social support that it has a negative impact on that condition.
What is the admissions process?
- Call our Pre-Admissions Coordinator to Schedule an In-person Meeting and Tour our Center. Call Today: 1-888-298-4040
- Have your Doctor Complete an Updated Medical History and Physical
What services do I receive at 2nd Home?
- Individualized Medical, Nursing, Social, Dietary and Personal Care Needs
- Hot Well-Balanced, Nutritious Meals
- Supportive Counseling Provided by a Licensed/Certified Social Worker
- Free Transportation
- Assistance with Community Resources and Referrals
- Therapeutic Recreation and Stimulating Socialization
- Access to Visiting Physician Specialists
- Assistance with Medication Management
- Physical Therapy on Site
- A Warm and Caring Environment
How many days a week can I come to 2nd Home?
Upon admission you will be evaluated by a registered nurse. The registered nurse in conjunction with the administrator will determine how many days per week you will attend program.
How long do I have to stay in program?
The program is for a minimum of five hours per day, not inclusive of transportation.
How will I get to 2nd Home?
2nd Home will provide you with transportation to and from the facility. In addition, we will transport you to your physician appointments.
How can I pay for Adult Medical Day Care?
Services provided by 2nd Home Adult Medical Day Care are covered 100% by Medicaid, but only to qualified members. Some private insurance companies and community programs cover adult day care services also.
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Private Pay
What is the fee?
The program fee is $95.00 per day. This fee is covered by Medicaid and long term care insurance if you are medically qualified.
Is 2nd Home accredited?
2nd Home Adult Medical Day Care Center is licensed by the State Department of Health, a member of the New Jersey Adult Day Services Association (NJADSA), and the National Adult Day Care Association.