Activities Program Aide
Position: Activities Program Aide
Summary of Position:
- Under the general and direct supervision of the Activities Director.
- Assists the Activities Director in the planning and implementation of program activities and for assisting with meals, housekeeping, transport and clerical functions of the program
- Understand the needs of the elderly and, in particular, the needs of those with cognitive impairments (memory problems, confusion, disorientation).
- Be sensitive to the needs of family caregivers.
- Be available to work unscheduled days and hours.
- Make a commitment to cooperative performance to attain care, organization and programmatic objectives which may entail performing duties not included in this job description.
- Observation of each participant and immediately reporting any changes in their condition to the Activities Director.
- Under the supervision of the Activities Director, assisting in the planning and implementation of all program activities including:
- Reality orientation
- Daily exercise to music
- Active team games
- Cognitively stimulating activities
- Table games
- Arts & Crafts
- Community entertainment
- Pet therapy
- Intergenerational programming
- Horticultural therapy
- Music therapy
- Parties & Holiday celebrations
- Cooking & Workshop activities
- Sensory stimulation
- Motivational therapy
- Religious programs
- Wandering Path Area and Experiential Environment activities
- Assisting with meal service.
- Daily straightening of the activities areas and supply cabinets; kitchen area; kitchen cabinets and refrigerator.
- Clerical duties including copying and filing.
- Serving as transportation aide as necessary.
- Taking care to prevent the spread of infection.
- Assisting in emergencies as directed by the Activities Director and/or the Administrator.
- Attend staff meetings as scheduled.
- Participate in occasional weekend activities, or those occurring during non-traditional center operating hours.
- High School graduate or equivalent, in order to have mature reasoning ability required.
- Must have superficial knowledge of the reasons for client care as provided.
- Must possess a basic proficiency in English, spelling and math.
- Must be able to pay attention to details.
- This could be an entry-level job. Ho